Do you know how to charge laptop with HDMI? If you’ve ever been in a situation where your laptop battery is running low and you don’t have your charger with you, you might be wondering if there is an alternative method to charge your device. One of the options you can consider is charging your laptop with an HDMI cable. This method allows you to use a TV or monitor as a power source for your laptop.
In this blog post, we will discuss the steps on how to charge your laptop with an HDMI cable and provide some tips on how to do it efficiently. By the end of this post, you will have a better understanding of how to charge your laptop without a traditional charger, and you will have the knowledge to do it efficiently.
How To Charge Laptop With HDMI (What You Need)
To charge your laptop with an HDMI cable, you will need the following:
- A laptop with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable
- A television or monitor with an HDMI port
- An AC adapter
How to Charge Your Laptop with an HDMI Cable
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the laptop’s HDMI port and the other end to the television or monitor’s HDMI port.
- Plug the AC adapter into a wall outlet and connect the other end to the laptop’s power port.
- Turn on the television or monitor and set it to the correct input. You should see your laptop screen on the TV or monitor.
- Close the laptop lid, which will put the laptop into sleep mode, but it will continue to charge.
Tips for Efficiently Charging Your Laptop with HDMI
- Use the Right Cable: Not all HDMI cables are created equal. It’s important to use a high-quality HDMI cable that is capable of transmitting power to your laptop.
- Don’t Use Your Laptop While Charging: It’s best to avoid using your laptop while it’s charging with an HDMI cable. This will help to conserve the laptop’s battery and speed up the charging process.
- Use the Right Adapter: Make sure to use the correct AC adapter that is recommended for your laptop. Using the wrong adapter could damage your laptop’s battery or cause other issues.
- Close the Laptop Lid: Closing the laptop lid will put it into sleep mode, which will reduce power consumption and allow for faster charging.
- Monitor the Temperature: When charging your laptop with an HDMI cable, it’s important to monitor the temperature. If your laptop starts to overheat, unplug the HDMI cable and let it cool down.
Charging your laptop with an HDMI cable is a convenient way to charge your laptop when you don’t have a charger available. However, it’s important to follow the tips outlined in this blog post to ensure that you charge your laptop efficiently and avoid any potential issues. By using the right cable and adapter, avoiding using your laptop while it’s charging, closing the laptop lid, and monitoring the temperature, you can safely and efficiently charge your laptop with an HDMI cable.